Currently, Egyptian hospitals and clinics attract around 150,000 medical tourists per year. Most people come from Arab countries, Gulf, eastern European destinations, and east Asian countries. Healthcare consists of both, a private and a public sector, with government-run facilities providing treatment free of charge.
Therapeutic Tourism Projects in Egypt
The latest inaugurated Therapeutic Tourism Projects in Egypt are:
- Therapeutic Tourism Resort in New Cairo City: inaugurated in 2016, and considered the first therapeutic tourism resort in Egypt
- Madgi Yacoub Heart Hospital in Aswan city: provides medical services for children and adults in the field of cardiovascular diseases
The following five stages summarize the process of obtaining the service of medical tourism in Egypt starting from your inquiry until travelling back your homeland:
- Issuing a "service and needs" assessment from the medical tourist facilitator (eggate.com). The assessment collects your demographical medical history and send it to a healthcare provider. Enhancing a video conference between you and the physician if the collected data is not adequate.
- Scheduling your medical travel request and booking process will start as soon as the treatment plan is defined. Afterwards, you shall be provided with a quotation for the full package including travel, medical and other expenses. Travel itinerary, signing agreements with the patient on behalf of healthcare provider, and finalize the necessary scheduling and bookings. The medical tourist facilitator (eggate.com) role starts at the destination country airport in order to facilitate and coordinate the transportation and accommodation process of the patient, especially for patients with special needs.
- Starting Recovery and treatment stages by admission to the expected healthcare facilities. The tourist agency (eggate.com) enhances coordination, billing, translation services, and other as required. Recovery stage includes nursing care and restoring your physical and mental powers.
- Discharge and leisure activities depending on your condition, Egypt has many chances of conventional tourism leisure, and it´s your choice in all cases, but we highly recommend it.
- Upon returning back to your homeland, you’ll undergo certain procedures for medical follow-up instructions and precautions, depending on the type of operation or treatment that you had undergone.
Clinics of the Egyptian Medical Services Company (EMS) are reliable for foreign patients, following International Standards of Medical and Patient care while adding the warmth of oriental hospitality and guest care. EMS clinics are available at Sharm El Sheikh, Hurghada, Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Aswan.
All accredited clinics and hospitals offer high-quality regarding main safety components, hotel structure and services, technological accuracy, professional healthcare surgeons, doctors, and nursing services, English language staff communicating skills or translation providers for other languages, accreditation, certification, and high standard in ethical and professional Deontology per world health organization recommendations.
Egypt offers high-quality cosmetic surgeries with lower prices. Medical tourism in Egypt guarantees best medical procedures. Egyptian hospitals offer treatments in different medical departments: plastic surgeries, Neurosurgery, Urology, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Cardiology, Colorectal Medicine, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Immunology Nephrology, Ophthalmology.
Because of the high efficiency Hepatitis C treatment, Egypt launched one of the effective medical projects around the world: “Tour n’ Cure” program, that helps tourists receive Virus C medications at affordable prices. It was launched to serve 71 million patients worldwide with no waiting time and at a fraction of the cost.
A huge campaign was launched to fight the debilitating hepatitis C virus domestically. It has been promoted by football celebrities Lionel Messi and Dani Alves. Since then, Egypt received around 100 thousands, and already treated them by the end of 2017. Patients are offered a one-week package for medical and excursion programs.
World Health Organization celebrated world Hepatitis Day 2015 in Cairo, in recognition of Egypt's pioneering role in combating viral hepatitis. In 2016, Egypt achieved the highest global rate of recovery of Hepatitis C, where the rate reached more than 95% with the help of a new treatment.
The Children’s Cancer Hospital Egypt 57357(CCHE) widely known as Hospital 57357 is a unique healthcare institution and an ultimate example of what can be achieved when people work together for a common goal. Initially, since the inception of the 57357 Project, the focus was on how to provide the best comprehensive quality care and an opportunity for cure.
Hence, the Hospital is constantly offering its patients a wide range of the most updated diagnostics and treatment services including chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, bone marrow transplant, multi-disciplinary clinics, physical rehabilitation, socio-psychological care, palliative care, survivorship care and in-house schooling.
500 500 Hospital is an integrated hospital that treats all types of tumors and caters to patients of all ages and in all stages. In addition, there will be hospital units that treat all medical specialties including liver, gynecology, teeth, bones and psychological support.
Baheya Foundation for Early Detection and Treatment for Breast Cancer is a non-profit charity that treats women with breast cancer. The treatment is free and covers all stages, including early detection of the disease, surgery operations, chemotherapy, radiation, psychological therapy, clinical nutrition and therapeutic therapy.
Urology and Nephrology
Kidney ailments are also offered through specialized provider dialysis services. Nephrology and urology center at Mansoura University is considered one of the first and largest medical and scientific centers in the Middle East specialized in the treatment of kidney diseases, urology and kidney transplantation surgeries.
The center was established as a result of the sincere efforts and generosity offered by Prof. Dr. Mohamed Ahmed Ghoneim (Director of the former center and its founder) and the professors of the Department of Urology Surgery at Mansoura University.