Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs launched the Electronic Visa (e-Visa) application system, to allow visitors travelling to Egypt easily obtain their e-Visas as a must official procedure for permitting entry and traveling within Egypt. By introducing the electronic visa or e-visa, you can avoid waiting and queuing time at the different border crossings.
As in the case of other visa, respective Egyptian officials at the entry ports reserve the right to deny entry to Egypt for a holder of an e-Visa without any explanation.
E-visa processing steps
Ministry of Foreign Affairs identified the e-Visa processing steps as follows:
Sign up using your email address and some complementary information, which will give you access to a pending application.
- Fill in the application form and pay the following amount using Visa card, MasterCard or other debit card:
- 25 $ for Tourism single-entry visa.
- 60 $ for Tourism Multiple-entries visa.
- Your application will be processed after the payment, and you will receive an email informing you with the current application status.
- It’s advised to create an e-Visa application at least 7 days before expected travelling time.
You are kindly advised to prepare Entry requirements on arrival which are:
- A travel document/passport valid for at least 6 months from your arrival date.
- e-Visa printout
- Travel itinerary
- Supporting letter e.g. letter from company or invitation letter for business/family visits.
- Hotel bookings/details about places you plan to visit.
Tour operators may apply for group e-Visas, and make lump sum payments for them.
Please note that e-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. For other purposes, such as work and study, visas are given by Egyptian Embassies or Consulates.
Countries that eligible for the Egyptian e-visa
Egyptian government determined a list of countries that eligible for the Egyptian e-visa upon application on the Egypt e-visa portal. They are listed below alphabetically:
Korea, Republic of
All information notes concerning the visa types granted by Egypt are available in the following website: www.visa2egypt.gov.eg/eVisa